Some users may encounter problems when they start screen sharing and this might be because of browser preferences or operating system (OS) preferences. Here are some common issues with screen sharing in Remo:
- Not able to find open application windows in Application Window
- I can only share my Entire Screen
- I cannot screen share using my Mac device on Chrome
- Screen sharing is blocked in Safari:
- Computer crashed after turning on Screen sharing on Windows 10
- Connection or Firewall issues
Below are the solutions to troubleshoot these errors:
Not able to find open application windows in Application Window
If you are not able to find all your open application windows in the 'Application Window' option when screen sharing, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The browser window you are using for your Remo Event is maximized. When a screen is maximized, only that current screen will be listed as an application window that can be shared (even if your other windows are open).
|The browser window is not maximized (i.e. you can still see your tabs and the URL address bar)
|The browser window is maximized (i.e. you cannot see your tabs and the URL address bar)
As you can see from the images above, when the browser window with the Remo Event is not maximized, there are 4 application windows that can be shared. However, when the browser window is maximized, only the current window can be selected to share.
- Your Remo Event is on a different screen than the application window you'd like to share. If you have multiple screens or desktops set up, you must make sure the application windows you'd like to share are on the same screen or desktop as your Remo Event.
|When Applications do not share the same screen/desktop as the Remo Event, they will not appear in the Application Window tab
|When Applications share the same screen/desktop as the Remo Event, they will appear in the Application Window tab
- The browser used does not allow sharing of a specific application window (see below)
I can only share my Entire Screen
Depending on the browser you use, you will have different options for sharing your screen. Here are a few of the common ones:
|SAFARI (13 or above)
I cannot screen share using my Mac device on Chrome
Due to increased security and permissions safeguards with certain Mac versions, you may need to adjust your Security & Privacy settings to enable screen sharing of your desktop and other applications on your computer.
1. Open the System Preferences app
2. Go to the Security & Privacy section
3. Enable Google Chrome under Screen Recording
(You may first need to click the lock in the bottom-left corner to make changes to your settings)
If Google Chrome is already enabled, please try disabling and then re-enabling this permission again.
You may be prompted to quit Chrome in order for the changes to take effect. A reboot of your computer may also be required.
Screen sharing is blocked in Safari:
1. You must enable screen sharing for remo.co specifically, so make sure you are on the Remo Conference website first
2. Click on ‘Safari’ and click ‘Settings for This Website’
3. Check that the Screen Sharing field is not set on Deny. Set it on either Ask or Allow
Set it on ‘Allow’ if you don’t want to be reminded each time you turn on Screen Sharing
4. Refresh your browser. The next time you try to screen share, Safari will display a window asking you to allow screen sharing
Computer crashed after turning on Screen sharing on Windows 10
On Windows 10, Chrome freezes when screen sharing a high-resolution display. This issue is caused by a bug in Chrome. The issue may go away if the 'hardware acceleration settings' in Chrome is disabled. To disable this:
1. Go to 'Settings' in your browser
2. Type 'Hardware Acceleration' in the search box
3. Click on the toggle button next to 'Use Hardware Acceleration when available' if it is currently on, make sure the button is greyed out
Connection or Firewall issues
There may be an issue with your connection to Remo (for example, internet, firewall network settings, or a VPN).
For more information on troubleshooting these, please refer to the following articles:
- How to Troubleshoot Your Firewall
- How to Access Remo using a VPN
- What are the Bandwidth, Firewall, Proxy and Network Requirements for using Remo?